Monday, June 7, 2010

Literary Reflection...

When college comes around, it is natural that one would want company in their travels around the world, country, city, wherever they happen to be attending college. Upon being asked this question, I considered a few options of what character from the books we have read in class I would take with me on my journey to the land of the college student. I could pick Billy Pilgrim and ask him to give me the answers for future tests so I could easily pass my College classes. I could pick Jim Casy and have him distract people by talking so I'd have time to take all my notes. But, in the end, there was only one person that I could pick with all my heart... and she wasn't even a person.

Princess.

You see, nothing beats the company and companionship of a canine companion. (too many c's.) I decided to pick Princess, the dog that the German Soldiers in Slaughterhouse Five borrowed from the farmer, because I'd have something to look forward to when I came back from my classes each day, and someone to keep me company when whatever roommate I had (if I had one) was out of the dorm (since, knowing me, I'd never leave it). I pick Princess over other dogs in the series, because she is young, adorable and sweet, and I imagine her as a cute doggie who is cuddle-able and well behaved, which means she would be able to stay in the dorms as my pet and companion. I believe she's well behaved because she obeyed the command of the Germans who borrowed her without complaint, whereas some dogs don't obey orders, even from the people who own them. Princess would make a great companion during my college days, so long as she doesn't poop in the dorm room. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment