Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blog #2- Interview Opening

So here's what I've drafted out for the opening of my interview...

The room's temperature was hot, enough so that my jacket was tied around my waist, but this was most likely due to the bright lights that shone down on the operation table. Waiting patiently, I briefly reviewed the questions I was going to ask in my head. I did not have a paper to write it down with, nor did my mentor have the time to sit down and deal with my amateurish attempts to conduct a successful interview. So I had mentally come up with a compromise- casually ask him things I was curious about anyway while we were working, and then write down the answers I got when I had a little free time. Luckily for me, I have a good memory, so I was able to remember the answers that my mentor gave to me, and make a note of them to write them down later.

My mentor walked into the room; a tall man, hair covered by a blue cap he wore for sanitary purposes. A blue doctor's mask covering his mouth and nose, but you could still see his eyes through the glasses he wore. His body was covered by an aqua-green jacket, also for sanitary purposes, and his hands were covered by sterile gloves. He and I were accompanied by one of the nurses from the clinic, and I rested my hands on the side of the table, watching as he started work on the animal in front of him.

"So," I began, "What's the most interesting thing that you've encountered?"

1 comment:

  1. Nikita,

    Just like the list we came up with in class, this is a well thought out brief short story for an intro like we are reaching for. This describes your emotions and actions on the interview day and your menor on a physical level. I am guessing the last sentence was the beginning of the second paragraph. This is a well though out piece of work, and I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete