Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Honors History Blog #4

1. Discuss your successes as an honors student this past semester.
->As an honors student, my biggest success would be balancing all the work that needed to be done while being out sick and attempting to keep up to date with everything that was going on during class and all of the work from the decaf class as well. I managed to (somehow) keep up with all (if not most of) the work that was expected of me. Other successes would be learning more about historical events than I already knew, and managing to make essays sound like there was actually a point to reading them.
2. Discuss what you might have done differently if you do this past semester of honors over again.
->Not been sick as much! I missed so much work that I feel like it was almost pointless for me to be in class when I was in the first place, since I often missed out on the starts and ends of assignments and kind of just walked in while they were in progress. I could also try and communicate with Randy better about what kind of work that I missed and how I could get it done while keeping up with the decaf work.
3. Discuss your goals for honors in the second semester.
->Basically, everything that I listed above. BE THERE! It would help if I were in class more often. Also, I should focus on my work a little more instead of goofing off all the time, which I'll often do when I feel unmotivated (which is a lot when I'm sick). I think I'll also try and make sure I look through more sources for the historical work, especially when I am not present to learn about it.
4. If you could choose any parts of literature and history for our honors work, what would you pick and why?
->I would pick the terrible yet awesome fanfiction My Immortal. Insanity aside, I would totally pick Twilight. Why would I curse our class with reading such a terrible piece of literature? So we can take the story, find what's wrong with it, and make it better. It would be an impossible undertaking, yes, but it would be one that we, as Randy's honors students, would be able to do to cure the world of this dreaded Twi-hard disease!

...okay note to self never do blog entries while slightly hyper. I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment